Hi. We are a band from Cincinnati, OH, USA called The Sundresses. We are loud American rock music for the 21st Century. We’ve played all over the US including a ridiculously impressive 5 trips (by invitation) to the SXSW Music Festival. We’ll let our music speak for itself. Write your own bio.
BAND MEMBERS: Makenzie Place (bass guitar), Brad “Loans” Schnittger (drums, guitar, vocals), and J.Remy “The Revelator” Springer (guitar, drums, vocals)
THESE ARE QUOTES ABOUT USDRESSES
- “Boozy, shambling and often sexy strut….more addictive than crack cocaine” -Mike Breen, Citybeat
- Music that makes you want to get up and dance. It made me think of why the term “Rock and Roll” was coined.” Motor City Blog
- “Gut bucket syncopation, bluesy swagger, all couched in a saturated late night mood” -David Lynch, Austin Chronicle
- “…a three-piece who re-invigorate the stagnant art of great guitar music in thrilling new ways….For far too long, the sweet sound of the six-string has been misappropriated by charlatans whose intentions and abilities fail to do it justice….The Sundresses are here to reverse this downward trend. Combining punk, blues, rockabilly, dark country flavours and 1930’s swing, with a hefty dose of acerbically arch, politicised lyricism, they don’t do what everyone else does, and that’s what makes them great….These genii represent the rebirth of the Great American Band.”www.phonovault.com/?p=1021 -The Phono Vault Blog
- “Demented, electric shock therapy garage punk that rings with angular old-style rockabilly guitar riffs. Sounds like the Rolling Stones if they had come from Kentucky and were addicted to meth” -Cleveland.com SXSW 2006
- How do I love thee, Sundresses? Impossible to count the ways. The Sundresses are a 45-minute ride on an indoor roller coaster that cranks out a soundtrack of blistering Hard Rock murder ballads, spooky Garage Jazz Punk lust songs, gritty Indie Blues stompathons and otherworldly combinations of all of the above. ” -Brian Baker, Citybeat http://www.citybeat.com/
cincinnati/blog-3996-mpmf12_ day_2_the_storms_are_all_ inside_this_year.html
- “If anyone mutters the trite statement, “Rock is dead,” kindly direct them to whatever bar, tavern or saloon The Sundresses are playing at — they’ll quickly eat their words. The Cincinnati-bred band is notorious for its whiskey-soaked take on blues-rock, spiked with a taste of rockabilly. Each riff hits more vigorous and punch-drunk than the last.” -Dylan McCartney, The News Record 9/25/12 http://www.newsrecord.org/
arts_and_entertainment/music/ article_b632f4c6-077a-11e2- 8bea-001a4bcf6878.html
Press from Bunbury Music Festival 7/14/12
- “Best Daytime Performance”- The News Record (UC) http://www.newsrecord.org/
article/2012/07/bunbury-music- festival-is-another-huge- promise-to-already-blooming- city-
- Penned as the Standout of the festival by Boston Blogger girlseeksband http://girlseeksband.
- “Favorite act on Saturday was The Sundresses, who killed it to a crowd full of dancing people at the AliveOne stage. If you’re into Jack White’s Third Man label, you need to check out The Sundresses. ASAP. You can actually hear the smoke and whiskey in the rumbling bass and beats.” http://thisisthelonelyhouse.
com/tag/the-sundresses/ -The Lonely House.